As a supervisor I feel very comfortable with creative leadership. I can build on deep technical understanding of work-flows and processes in VFX and CGI. Which is coupled with a good instinct for anticipating problems before they arise - and of course not all problems can be foreseen - I have become skilled in dealing with daily problems in an efficient and sustainable manner.
I have a well-founded knowledge base due to my production experience which includes several successful CGI and VFX feature film productions. Among them was a variety of stereoscopic productions (S3D), where I served as CGI supervisor and DOP.
• Look development: Trained eye for colours, light, surfaces und composition
• Show runner: Solution oriented in conflicts and experienced problem solver
• Problem solving: Well-founded instinct for technical und creative problem Solutions
• Supervision: Experienced in planning, calculation and leading CG and VFX productions
• On-set: Experienced with on-set VFX supervision for feature films and TV
• Team building: Hiring of crew for departments, including leads and supervisors
• Co-production: Experienced with international co-productions and outsourcing to external studios
• Facility setup: Planning of hardware and software production requirements; recruiting of staff; set-up of branches
• Pipeline creation: Planning and integration of pipelines for feature film and TV-series; scripting and prototyping
• Database: SQL, Google, FileMaker, Shotgun (set-up and customization)
• Scripting: Python, MEL, SQL – C# in Unity (beginner)
As a CG Artist I work mainly with Maya and since 2016 also with Houdini.
As a compositor I work with Nuke and After-Effects - also: flame/Inferno, shake, combustion, Natron
As an artist I am a Generalist and I do pretty much everything but character rigging nor character animation. I have a trained eye for color, camera, animation and editing work. Often as a combination of shading/Rendering and compositing. With an emphasis on camera work, modelling and layout as well as look and color related areas like shading, lighting, rendering and compositing.
- Look-dev & RnD
- Camera work & editing
- Hard surface modeling and rigging
- Hard- and technical animation
- Texturing, shading, lighting & rendering
- CGI for film and TV
- VFX for film and TV
- 2D production
- Virtual Studio production
- 3D: Autodesk Maya (senior), Houdini (junior), Unity (beginner)
- 2D: Nuke, AfterEffects – less: Natron, flame, combustion
- Scripting: Python, PyQt/PySide, MEL, shell & SQL